"...the world you see is yours, because it is different for everyone else."

About Evon

My photo
I am a photographer, a sometimes writer, a gamer, a driver and more. I graduated from Central Michigan University with a double major in Journalism(Photo) and English(Creative Writing). Any Photos are copyright Ryan Evon, The Facts or the Morning Sun 2010/2011/2012. All words by, representing and claimed by Ryan Evon & only him, unless in quotation marks & specified otherwise.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

WTF: The Eyes Have It

Oh my god! It's David Hasselhoff!

Coming back from...something, I don't remember. I got a call to head to the mall (and rhyme...no) because David Hasselhoff was there.
Didn't know why or really where (dammit, I did it again)

...but I hunted around for him for awhile, before knocking on the door for security and finding out he left. I was more disappointed because I found out he was helping a girl scout sell cookies and I really want some Tagalongs. Or Somoas. Or both.

Didn't know if he had realized this was his highest career earnings potential or what, but I admire the effort.

But it turns out CBS is going to have a show called "Same Name" where people with the same name as celebrities, change place with them for a week. So David Haseloff (pronounced the same) of Lake Jackson, Texas switched with the quasi-famous guy for a week.

Someone in the office pointed it out before I could, there is a lawyer in town named Bruce Willis. Now that would be awesome! If he worked the guys job for a week, he'd probably win every case. He'd just stare at the jury, judge and other attorney and everyone would start urinating out of fear and run out of the courtroom.

But no such luck. Stuck with Knight Rider.

So, later that night The Hoff went to a local establishment with the other guy's family.

I shot some people dancing. First off, because I thought I could make some reprint money and secondly, because famous dude was taking his time getting there.

0219 dancing
A 95 year old lady dancing with her son. She was cool, even danced to some "hip" music. I'm not even remotely as cool as her.

021611 Hasselhoff 1
Then he finally showed up, I got some stuff.

021611 Hasselhoff 2
I hate the stupid temperature box thing on the right, but there was nothing to be done about it if I wanted the shadow...which I did.

So the next day I was checking the reprint numbers, 2400 people had checked out the Hoff pictures in about 12 hours. Usually get about 30 to 200 views for albums, in most cases, so I thought I was golden. But there were only two purchases. LAME!

Luckily, yesterday and today someone went through and bought a whole bunch. All small sizes, but still... I'm up to my average reprint amount for this month, which is about 35 bucks. Not too bad, but I'd really like to sell more. But the paper might start pushing the sale of photos more in the paper, so I'm all for that. :D

Saturday
Had another late night/early day today. Had basketball in Houston last night, got into town just after 5. CRAP! I don't mind traffic, what I mind are dumb people. There were a few times only 4 cars would get through a light because someone up front wasn't doing the simple job of paying attention. Ugh. Later I sent photos from McD's, thinking it would be faster for the people putting the paper together, but it wasn't. The internet was unbelievably slow, so I didn't even get back to the office until 11.

Then I had to get up to shoot some people who were supposed to work out on the beach at 7:30 this morning. Which was lame, waking up. But it was compounded by the fact that I couldn't find them. Didn't have the best direction from the reporter, but also the lady in charge didn't answer her phone. Super annoying.

But again I managed to get an artsy shot during a moment of down time.

0219 fog birds -toned
There was a disturbing amount of fog last night and this morning

Maybe lack of sleep is good for my creative half (to three quarters).

I picture him as rail thin and pale as a sheet, sitting in a bathrobe running the fingers on one hand through a mess of straw hair that is standing on end. He shakes for no particular reason (or due to lack of sleep/caffeine high) and paint on his fingers...though I haven't painted in probably 12 years. Maybe that sheds light on how often he bathes.

The one thing we share are the eyes. Crazy blue and often slit against the bright world, but always searching with curiosity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Knight Rider,, he still looks the same,, good job, D.E.

Anonymous said...

I was never real crazy about the guy but you did a good job with what you had Ryan. Enjoyed the other pictures too. Keep it up!
Aunt Brenda