"...the world you see is yours, because it is different for everyone else."

About Evon

My photo
I am a photographer, a sometimes writer, a gamer, a driver and more. I graduated from Central Michigan University with a double major in Journalism(Photo) and English(Creative Writing). Any Photos are copyright Ryan Evon, The Facts or the Morning Sun 2010/2011/2012. All words by, representing and claimed by Ryan Evon & only him, unless in quotation marks & specified otherwise.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tears of the Innocent

Like the soul sucking vampire bastard I am, the tears of innocent people cleanse my pasty skin like clean, cool spring water.

Well, not exactly. I'm never super comfortable when people are crying, but it does make for powerful photos.

A person is in front of your lens at their most truthful and exposed moment. It's a bit of weight to make sure you capture the moment in the most thoughtful way possible.

Texas A&M have a muster every year, where grads from the school get together and be merry. At the end they remember any alums that have died in a candle lighting ceremony.
042111 aggiemuster4
042111 aggiemuster3

It was nice, very dark, but nice.

On the flip side of that event, crying can be fun.

042211 easterbunny1

I kind of felt like a Nazi, laughing and taking pictures as some of these kids bawling their eyes out...but it was pretty funny.
042211 easterbunny2
042211 easterbunny5

Just a quick one this time. But on a creative related update, I've been writing almost every night. I have the urge every so often and I have a folder full of started stories. Some a page long, some twenty.

This one is up to 40 now, and I haven't gotten to the part I'm really thinking about. So it's working pretty well.

It's sort of a weird fiction/autobiography that I'm having a lot of fun writing.

I was thinking about posting some of it, but I'm always weird about letting people read stuff before it's finished...unless it's Jada, because she's been reading my stuff since high school. Normally I feel like I have to stand there to justify and explain things, in case there is some confusion.

Anyway, we'll see where it goes.

No comments: