"...the world you see is yours, because it is different for everyone else."

About Evon

My photo
I am a photographer, a sometimes writer, a gamer, a driver and more. I graduated from Central Michigan University with a double major in Journalism(Photo) and English(Creative Writing). Any Photos are copyright Ryan Evon, The Facts or the Morning Sun 2010/2011/2012. All words by, representing and claimed by Ryan Evon & only him, unless in quotation marks & specified otherwise.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back on the Grid

I'm back among the electric zombies of the world wide web. Do you notice no one ever calls it that anymore?

Anyway, got the net this morning. But didn't have any of the pictures I wanted to put up in this post, so I'm at work now.

I need to get better at bringing my work home with me. The images, I mean. I'm plenty good at the other part, I think about work all the time. My system for archiving my photos has always been just burn everything to a DVD, but because we upload things for sale, I make a tight edit and save that for work. That is what I should bring home. But I don't. Going to start doing that.

Prepare to be flooded with images now. I feel like I've had a pretty good string the last week or so.

I'm going to go in no order at all.

Shot this workout thing for the business section. It was in a terribly dark room so I got to play with my lights. It always makes me think and plan, which is good, but I also have to react quick, because sometimes the lights get blocked or the time window for the shot is very narrow.

051011 BJ tbp1
I like the color and insane contrast in this. I really hope they use it, but because it's kind of artsy I'm scared they won't.

051011 BJ tbp4
051011 BJ tbp6
051011 BJ tbp3

This is probably my favorite baseball shot since I've been down here.
050611 bwood base1
Most of the time the sports layout guy trusts my choices, but he wasn't laying this one out and I had to basically argue to get this photo in the paper. I do not understand people sometimes.

050411 powderpuff1
Just looks kind of cool. The colors and her posture

050611 bwood Schuster 3

050711 bwoodSoft1
I really wanted to turn this in, but I couldn't figure out what to say in the caption. They are growling at each other. I really like it, because the color went a little wonky.

050711 sweenypride1
My favorite shot from a festival sort of thing. And they used it! Probably because I wrote (((BEST PHOTO))) in the cutline. I'm going to start doing that all the time now. :D

050711 sweenypride3

Hopefully the blog posts will come a bit more regularly now, but I'm promising nothing.

In six months I may not have the internet again, because the price jumps up and I probably won't want to pay it.

But for now I feel like an old friend is staying at my apartment and I hope he never leaves.


Despite the distraction it will cause I think having the internet will actually help me keep writing my story. I am missing some things and trying to look them up on my phone can be a huge pain in the ass, so I hope to keep moving along.

Until LA Noire comes out next week. Because I am insanely excited about this game. So...no probably no blog post at all next week. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good Ryan, the last 3 have been a joy and heartwarming to view, keep it up,,,