"...the world you see is yours, because it is different for everyone else."

About Evon

My photo
I am a photographer, a sometimes writer, a gamer, a driver and more. I graduated from Central Michigan University with a double major in Journalism(Photo) and English(Creative Writing). Any Photos are copyright Ryan Evon, The Facts or the Morning Sun 2010/2011/2012. All words by, representing and claimed by Ryan Evon & only him, unless in quotation marks & specified otherwise.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Catching up on my Interwebs

It used to be the internet was something I had in abundance and, frankly, grew tired of, but still used like some kind of computer-network junkie.

But since I've moved to Texas I have yet to get the glorious internet hooked up at my house. I've still be washing myself in the pale glow of electronic entertainment, but it's been more old school. TV and video games. But only video games played by myself, like some homeless person...who has an Xbox 360.

No more Xbox Live to play games with friends over the internet, who were sometimes in the very next room. Yeah, I still used the stupid headset to talk to them too! Shut up!

I'm sure I'll have the internet again sometime, just not yet. One less bill.

But one fun thing that I'm currently engaged in, besides blogging, is catching up on some web comics I used to read.

Most of the ones I read are about video games/electronics, but there is a photography themed comic that is hilarious. But you kind of have to be a photographer (a.k.a. "smart") to understand it. ;)

I read Penny Arcade religiously, or more often, because it comes out THREE times a week. I make the effort to read that on my phone, because I have been reading it for so long that it is part of my routine and I feel agitated if I go without it for too long.

But now I'm catching up on some tasty VG Cats, because I haven't checked that site in forever. Sadly, I kind of forgot about it, but now it's a sheer joy because I can plow right through months worth of comics in some down time at work.

Another site I read is Ctrl Alt Delete. This one, I actually wait to read most of the time. Because the author does these long running story arcs about the main characters that I find dreadfully boring. The strips he does about particular games or whatever are usually really funny, but everything else is just like the peel that you have to get through to enjoy the sweet innards.

What the Duck is the photography comic. It's about ducks that are photographers. Awesome.

Actually I guess they are all kind of niche comics, you have to know the subject to get the joke.

Except for the Perry Bible Fellowship, that is just a standard comic, in terms of audience, but it is ridiculously funny. Like, pee a little funny sometimes.

No comments: