"...the world you see is yours, because it is different for everyone else."

About Evon

My photo
I am a photographer, a sometimes writer, a gamer, a driver and more. I graduated from Central Michigan University with a double major in Journalism(Photo) and English(Creative Writing). Any Photos are copyright Ryan Evon, The Facts or the Morning Sun 2010/2011/2012. All words by, representing and claimed by Ryan Evon & only him, unless in quotation marks & specified otherwise.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

WTF: "You're gonna eat lightnin'; you're gonna crap thunder."

BOXING!

I've been obsessed with boxing for the last year or so. Boxing movies, games and actual fights. Not fighting myself, I'm not in any kind of shape to try that, but as a spectator I'm crazy about it.

I kind of shot boxing for the Sun once, but it was lame. Yesterday I went to a boxing gym in Freeport and shot some kids training because a tournament is coming up this weekend, which I also get to shoot.

The kids were cool, the owner was cool. It was cool in there...temperature wise, aesthetically it was a little rough.

011210 freeport boxing 2
Of course some kids were hamming it up a little. Like this guy.
011210 freeport boxing 3
Then I got a shot of him a fraction of a second before he ate a big hit.
011210 freeport boxing 3b
And another.

011210 freeport boxing 4

011210 freeport boxing 9
I like this one a lot, but it bugs me you can't see any faces. Otherwise it would have been super sweet.

Can't wait to shoot the actual fights on Saturday. :D

1 comment:

bonerman said...

Dude, he is going to eat that hook. Boxing is so cool.

-Bonerman