"...the world you see is yours, because it is different for everyone else."

About Evon

My photo
I am a photographer, a sometimes writer, a gamer, a driver and more. I graduated from Central Michigan University with a double major in Journalism(Photo) and English(Creative Writing). Any Photos are copyright Ryan Evon, The Facts or the Morning Sun 2010/2011/2012. All words by, representing and claimed by Ryan Evon & only him, unless in quotation marks & specified otherwise.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

WTF: "Suddenly you become euphoric...Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows"

The other day I got my favorite basketball shot that I've ever taken. And I didn't even really notice it at first.

Sometimes with photos it takes time for them to really sink in. There is no hidden meaning or hunt for Waldo in the background. They just have something. I couldn't even put my finger on why I liked this one so much. I think it's a combination of multiple things working just right.
011811 Sweeny bball 2
It's got cool light, the layers are really cool (players at different distances) and the color is nice. The color was the thing I didn't think of at first. It ran in black and white in the paper (BOO) so that was lost on most people.

Got a nice fight for the ball at a girls game.
011811 Columbia gbball 3

Today there was a meeting of sorts at the local college because the state said they were not going to fund it...at all. So people are obviously a little pissed off, because Texas is supposed to be one of the few states that is in good shape.
The state rep for the area came and talked about it and then promised the state would fund it. He seemed like a pretty stand up guy, even said he has never made promises as a politician, but was very adamant about this.
012011 BC funding 3
The building the meeting was in, The Clarion, was amazing. I didn't take an overall of the structure, because I didn't think about it, but I will sometime and post it. Just a nice venue.


EXTRA stuff

I got a funny video with my phone as I was driving down the beach after an assignment the other day. As soon as I remember to bring the cable to hook my phone to the computer at work I'll share the video.

Driving on the beach is awesome. I assume you are supposed to go slow, but it's miles of open flat area. It's almost beyond my control when my foot slams down on the gas pedal. Way, way too much fun.


The morning bike rides are going quite well. My main problem lately has been mental. I'm dwelling on the amount of debt I have from school, a few (ultimately worthless) doctors and moving down here.

I'm plugging away at it, but it still worries me. But the last couple days, thanks to whatever endorphins are getting knocked loose in my brain I'm not worrying about it. I'm still planning to pay it all back, with loads of interest to be sure, but it isn't bothering me like it was.

Magic.

1 comment:

Mr Vee said...

Awesome Picts, Ryan. Didn't know that you had left town (forgot!). Might be down in your neck of the woods in Feb (Corpus Christi). Keep posting, love your stuff!