"...the world you see is yours, because it is different for everyone else."

About Evon

My photo
I am a photographer, a sometimes writer, a gamer, a driver and more. I graduated from Central Michigan University with a double major in Journalism(Photo) and English(Creative Writing). Any Photos are copyright Ryan Evon, The Facts or the Morning Sun 2010/2011/2012. All words by, representing and claimed by Ryan Evon & only him, unless in quotation marks & specified otherwise.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

WTF: Listen to me. We're the best, okay? The very best. "Yeah?" Well, maybe not the best, but we're pretty good

Okay. Back at this. It's a new year. Should the resolution be to blog more? Meh, perhaps.

I've been working, but I don't feel like I've been hitting my full potential. There have been some distractions, but even without them I am still missing something.

Actually, it was kind of an off year. I can't think of a shot that I am completely pleased with. It's frustrating. Both of the photo stories I put out in 2010 were good, and had some good still images. But those are about it for anything I like.

I kind of feel like I'm lost in the tall grass, I'm in the weeds looking for a way out.

This feeling was amplified in Mt. Pleasant, because I was familiar with the town, but here things are new and I'm a bit excited. Hopefully I hit my stride soon.

****

But here are a few recent images I mildly enjoy.


las posadas angel

These are from an event. Las Posadas. Which means...something. Basically they re-enact the journey of Mary and Joseph looking for somewhere to stay. It is my opinion that it should be required by law to carry a candle when walking at night. It looks bad ass.

I've done a few assignments recently that involve the Brazoria County Cavalry. They are a group of motorcycle riders that support soldiers, police and firefighters and their families. It's pretty cool and everyone I've met in the group is nice.

They made boy whose father was killed in Afghanistan an honorary member. Gave him one of the groups vests and a new bicycle. :D


122410 Jarrell Cavlary 2

I've also been shooting a lot of road construction. They can do that all year down here, because its warm. :D But they also seem to do a good job, so they don't have to repair shit every year, they make new and better stuff.

But trying to make creative and interesting construction shots can be tough.

Got a sort of neat one. Better than average I guess.
123010 288 work LA 1

I also shoot a lot of sports, because I'm on nights. But I've been playing with lights shooting basketball. Good fun.

This was the very first shot at one of the last games I shot. It felt good, I thought "I should just go home" haha.
123010 Bport Bball 1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good, see you soon,