"...the world you see is yours, because it is different for everyone else."

About Evon

My photo
I am a photographer, a sometimes writer, a gamer, a driver and more. I graduated from Central Michigan University with a double major in Journalism(Photo) and English(Creative Writing). Any Photos are copyright Ryan Evon, The Facts or the Morning Sun 2010/2011/2012. All words by, representing and claimed by Ryan Evon & only him, unless in quotation marks & specified otherwise.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WTF: Late to bed, early to rise = tired photographer

So last week I had two early assignments on the beach. Poor me, huh? Well...kind of, because they were early. I don't do so well in the mornings, but I think I've figured it out. I've been trying to ride my bike more often, since there is the kind of weather down here where I can ride my bike in January. :D But usually that means riding after I get out of work, which is sometimes 10 or 11 pm.

Not the best time to ride, it's nice because it's cool. But you may get hassled by the man. Yep...I got pulled over on my bicycle. Kind of ridiculous. But whatever, the man ain't got shit on me!

Anyway...yesterday night as I was riding around I realized, if I force myself to wake up early and ride before I go to work, that may help me start the day on the right foot. I did today, and aside from being tired, it went very well. I might even ride a bit after work, we'll see.

So, last week:

There was a 5/10k run on the beach that started at 8am. Super crazy people running on sand, in the morning. It was a little chilly at first but then turned into a very nice day.

sunrise2
Sunrise over the gulf, nice. Very bright, but nice.

I shot the run, nothing too fantastic to share, sadly. The next event was a dune protection thing. They were tying tossed Christmas trees to fences along the dunes to help with sand retention.
011511 Dunes Day 1
Good recycling, I suppose.

The next event was a bit later in the day. MORE BOXING! Which I was excited about, but because of an early deadline I didn't get to shoot the whole event. I also got screwed, because I bought some rechargeable batteries that were expired or something, so about two minutes into the first fight my lights stopped working correctly. Super lame. Still got some good stuff though.
011511 Boxing 1
011511 Boxing 2a
I like this one because I rarely get to use the phrase, "Upside your head!"
011511 Boxing 3

Overall it was fun. I like boxing a lot more now.

I've also been working to get photos of some of the area swimmers before district meets, which start soon.

I was trying to do some creative things with the portraits, like getting the kids to splash water, but most of it didn't work out, so I just have boring portraits of them standing there.

Except this one:
011310 Angleton swim
It worked out almost exactly like I had planned it. I had to stand around for almost an hour waiting for them to be done, but I'm pleased.

Also did action shots, those were all pretty standard. Not a lot you can do with swimming, unless you have underwater gear, which I do not. That would be fun as hell though.

011310 Bport swim - Dixon

I love stopping water in a photo. It always looks so cool.

2 comments:

Dan Digmann said...

Great photos, Ryan! Thanks for sharing these and the stories behind them.

Anonymous said...

Good job,,, push some heat this way